16 November 2009

Yes, I'm still alive...barely...

FUCK THE PIG FLU~!!! I was diagnosed with the damn flu 3 days ago. Now I'm quarantined here at home. Whatever. The fact that something AWESOME is going down this Christmas is keeping me grounded. HURRY UP AND GET HERE DECEMBER~!!! Lord Jesus, be with me...

But man, I haven't blogged since July. Time flies, doesn't it? I guess because I don't know who's actually reading this, I take blogging lightly. It's not that I hate blogging; I don't hate writing in general, but blogging DOES in fact take time and dedication. Though looking back at my previous entries, they've been lists of stuff I've done with just a sprinkling of what I've been feeling about the experience. I guess because I also post pictures that I feel I must explain - and that takes up time and energy. I suppose I should wait for people to ask before I give out any information. Saves me time and effort at least. ;)

Since Mykky's visit four months ago, Matt came over for a while in August. I surprised him with a chance to go to Earth Celebration. Man, was he thrilled. Matt was introduced to Yoli on the car ferry to Sado. Saiki was once again a perfect hostess allowing us to crash at her place. Tons of taiko workshops of course, the show, and a night playing with fire crackers. During that time, I've learned MUCH about myself and, of course, Matt. I'm glad he came, though.

In September, Saiki, Susan and I spent a week going around Kuala Lumpur - my first trip outside of Japan since my arrival. The food was amazing, though most of it was spicy. Stuff was SUPER cheap which made me regret not taking more money to load up on clothes and the like. Man, it was TOTALLY hot and humid, though~!!! I thought I was going to kill myself, it was nasty. But you know, it was really cool because everyone thought that I was Malaysian. It felt REALLY good to feel like I belonged rather than in Japan where everyone thinks I look like a fuckin' terrorist just because I have dark skin and a beard. Get over it Japan. Foreigners DO in fact live in your country. Read a history book. Anyway, KL was a neato place. I'd love to go back one day.

Now this month, I have something I've been planning - an early Thanksgiving get together with Kimi, Mitch, Andrew, Michelle, Lester, & Krystel (along with 2 others that I haven't met before). We'll be staying at a hostel and just kickin' it in Kyoto. We'll each be making a dish for Thanksgiving dinner. Just one thing though. I hope ALL my flu symptoms are gone by the time the first few head on over to the bio hazard site, I mean my apartment. When's that, you ask? IN FOUR DAYS~!!! That's just when the quarantine period ends. Wtf.

Ok, it's time for some soup and some sleep. Until the next blog...

...whenever that is...

No comments: