02 December 2008

NINJAS in 神戸~!!!

Just to let you know, my father's birthday was yesterday (1 Dec. 08). I STILL don't know how old he is. Whatever. Age is just a number, right? It's all mental~!!! Well, I talked him for like HOURS last night~!!! I really miss my dad.

Anyway, last Saturday (29 Nov. 08), Mitch (a.k.a. Lil' Ninja) and his friend Michelle stayed for a short weekend. Yeah, I've been busy, huh? It was only one weekend before when the EC Crew was over...I'M CRAZY~!!!

We decided to meet in 神戸 (Kobe). It was a pretty chill day. We went shopping and spent some time walking around the Kobe Port Tower and the Port of Kobe (had to take a picture next to Frank O. Gehry's sculpture at the Fish Dance restaurant).


We also wandered around 南京町 (Nankinmachi - Kobe Chinatown), which was interesting. There were a bunch of Chinese folk yelling at you to enter their establishments...in Japanese~!!! The street food was good (my favorite was the shrimp ball that looked like a cocoon or something). We also took a picture with Bruce Lee~!!!


We even went up 摩耶山 (Maya-san). The view from Maya-san was SO amazing, but it was SO f-ing cold, and it was too dark to take proper pictures.


For dinner, we went to a place (forgot the name) for REAL Kobe beef~!!! Yeah, I dished out the money for the SEVEN COURSE MEAL that included red wine~!!! Man, that was BOMB-ass beef. Michelle even started crying because it was THAT good (and cuz she was laughing a lot).

THE MENU

BEEF SALAD

BRISKET OF BEEF

BEEF CHEEK

STEAK #1 w/ WHITE ASPARAGUS

STEAK #2 on BAGUETTES

BEEF SUKIYAKI

FRUIT SORBET & MATCHA ICE CREAM

It was a great ninja day in 神戸.

No comments: